[3830] CQ160 CW K1EP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 17:16:27 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1005  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 52  Total Score = 356,508

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow!  I thought conditions were great Friday night, but late Saturday night was
incredible.  My raw score beats the current USA low power record, but I think
that other scores will be even greater.  I worked several new countries and
missed some that I thought would be there.  Did not even hear CE1/K7CA and I
usually work him in all the 160 contests.  I have spent years looking for KL7
on 160.  I had a sked Friday morning before the contest and worked KL7RA.
Thanks Rich!  But then later that morning I worked NL7G.  Now, if I could only
work one in the contest.  Sure enough, Saturday morning I heard KL7RA running
and worked him with virtually no problem.  The bands were crowded too.  I had
several instances of other stations creeping up on me.  I had one station
follow me a couple of times as I nudged up to get out of his signal.  Others
just start calling CQ right on top of you when you know that they can hear you.
 I even had one instance of someone calling me, I worked him and then he took my
QRG.  But aside from those rare instances, it was a great contest.  I had a
stretch goal of making 1000Qs and for a while it looked like a stretch.  But
after the Sunday morning Eu sunrise run, I knew I could do it.   Missed some
sections, like WY and DC.  Where was W3DQ or N7NG?  Heard one VE4 doing S&P but
I couldn't snare him.  More than doubled my score from last year.  Thanks for
all the Qs!!!