[3830] CQ160 CW AL2F Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 18:09:00 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AL2F
Operator(s): AL2F
Station: AL2F

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: AK

Total:  QSOs = 130  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 4  Total Score = 31,326

Club: Other (specify when prompted)

Comments:

CQ160CW Score Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2009-01-24

    CallSign Used : AL2F
      Operator(s) : AL2F

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED
             Band : 160M
            Power : LOW
             Mode : CW
 Default Exchange : 01
       Gridsquare : B049ET

             Name : Kristoffer Kerce
          Address : PO BOX 973
   City/State/Zip : Anchor Point  AK  99556
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : AK
        Club/Team : AK DX CLUB
         Software : N1MM Logger V9.1.2

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sta   Cty
         1.8     130     681   40    6
       Total     130     681   40    6

            Score : 31,326
              Rig : ft-857d, MFJ-696 tuner, WinKeyerUSB

         Antennas : 160m Horz. Loop at 35 ft, Inv.L 45'Vert.x85'Horz.

          Soapbox :

Awesome!!!  Great band.  It was pretty good Friday night with the 160m loop,
heard lots of signals, but few heard me, only 18q's VA being the longest path.
On Saturday with encouragement from NL7Y and KL7RA, I decided to put up an
Inv.L. I tied an Inv. L about 45ft vert. up a tree and 85ft horz. onto my 5btv
and added 3 130ft radials to the set.  Install went really well, first shot was
short, added some wire a little to long, trimmed and tunes at 1.830.  I was
stoked and ready to go.  What a difference!!! People could hear my on the
Inv.L.  I didn't know about this band at all, but now I'm hooked.  Worked
GM3POI on the 2nd call, I almost fell out of the chair. 112 q's on Sat. night,
could have worked more but the brain gave out around 05:30local 14:30utc.

 Thanks to all that heard me.
73-AL2F-Kris in AK..

  I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
  established for amateur radio in my country. My report is
  correct and true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be
  bound by the decisions of the Contest Committee.

  Date : 2009-01-25        Signature : kk