[3830] CQ160 CW N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 18:36:30 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 205  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 4  Total Score = 18,840

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Boy, what a contrast in experiences.  I've seen a number of reports
SOAPBOX: talking about the great conditions, and all the DX that was worked.
SOAPBOX: I'm wondering if we're talking about the same contest :-)  Certainly,
SOAPBOX: I did better last year.
SOAPBOX: I had some mini-runs, one at a rate of 120 Qs/hr.  Lasted all of one
SOAPBOX: minute :-)  Then a 10 min run at 48 Qs/hr and a 60 min run at 22
Qs/hr.
SOAPBOX: Not that bad for QRP and a simple wire vertical.
SOAPBOX: Unfortuantely, I didn't hear any of the fabulous DX that everyone
else
SOAPBOX: got to work.  Here only worked KL7, KH6, XE and PJ2.
SOAPBOX: I wound up with 205 Qs, 36 States/Provinces, and 4 Countries.  Total
SOAPBOX: points were 18,840.  Nothing to shout about, but I did get a good
SOAPBOX: night's sleep :-)  I see now I should have toughed it out and stayed
SOAPBOX: up later.
SOAPBOX: Anyway, I had fun, and got to compare several receiving antennas here
SOAPBOX: on different signals and conditions.
SOAPBOX: Thanks to everyone that wrestled with my mini-signal and eventually
SOAPBOX: made a QSO of it.
SOAPBOX: Hope to see you all in the SSB run.
SOAPBOX: 73, Bob N6WG
SOAPBOX: The Little Station with Attitude