[3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 18:41:17 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 865  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 45  Total Score = 255,408

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, 160 meters as I have never heard it before.  I had to periodically check to
make sure I hadn't inadvertently bumped the band switch over to 20 meters.

I got off to a bit of a late start due to the new starting time this year.  I
think I set a land speed record on my normal hour and twenty minute commute
home from work.  Note to self, call in sick or take a vacation day next year!

Worked the final two states (KH6 and WY) for WAS early Sunday morning.  Special
thanks to KH6/VE7AHA for hanging in there with me for several minutes while I
fumbled around trying to pull him out of the noise.  Thanks Andy, your
perseverance was greatly appreciated.  Also picked up 10 new DXCC entities.

Congratulations to N2WN and N8VW for outstanding LP and QRP scores.  It will be
interesting to see how much this one rewrites the record book for the CQ 160 CW
contest.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73 - Rick WB8JUI