[3830] CQ160 CW VE3RCN Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 19:46:51 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Welland, On

Total:  QSOs = 275  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 7  Total Score = 58,185

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

OK, everyone has already said it...WOW...conditions were great. Even for me to
work the Canary Islands with my antenna that droops down to 9 feet. Only a few
evening contacts. I had a full day work at the ship on Saturday, so I needed
the sleep on Friday...and I was pooped Saturday night. Lots of contacts
throughout the day on Sunday. 7 DX countries...my 160M country count now stands
at 7. Of course, I heard more than I could work. My rate really shot up in the
last hour of the contest when I just sat and called CQ. It would be nice to
have more time for the next one. 73 and GL to CCO.