[3830] CQ160 CW S51TA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 02:08:40 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: S51TA
Operator(s): S53BB, S53CC, S53MM, S55OO, S57MW, S57RA,S57RW, S51TA
Station: S51TA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36:29

Total:  QSOs = 1831  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 79  Total Score = 1,538,064

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

TX ANT: 2 el full size vertical array @ water pier
RX ANT : 2x BEV
TRX: IC7800 + OM POWER AMP

Will be short as I am still feeling dizzy after sleeping for no more than 10
hours overall from Friday.

We finished first night with more than 700k and 1000Q.......wow!, Strong winds
which started Saturday night collapsed both of our balloon verticals.......so
we were left without our smoking gun antenna array ..... nevertheless we were
able to repair one vertical after winds calm down for the Sunday afternoon
finish.......

Result is far beyond our first expectations however we feel bad about the
events with strong winds........dreaming about what score could we possibly
make!

US was amazingly strong this year so we thought we were on 20m, we made 400US
and 39 VE .....

Team wanna get some feedback so do not hesitate to send an email.

Check for pictures which will be uploaded on my homepage within several days
(www.qsl.net/s51ta).

73 Ted, s51ta