[3830] CQ160 CW VE3EJ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 07:32:10 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3EJ
Operator(s): VE3EJ
Station: VE3EJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NIAGARA

Total:  QSOs = 1552  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 67  Total Score = 1,188,936

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

The noise blanker on the K3 is prettty effective but not effective enough to
overcome the S9+ power line noise problems combined with a super crowded 160
band.  I think that I generally can hear fairly well on the low bands but not
this weekend.  I have been working with the power authority to clean things up
but they unfortunately did not have time before the contest to take a look at
the suspect power pole.

My apologies to those who called that I could not hear.  I suspect there were a
lot of stations that I missed.

Thanks to N2NT for the very favorable rule changes and for arranging the great
band conditions.

73,

John