[3830] CQ160 CW K5GO(@WD5R) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 26 21:51:47 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): WD5R/N5ECT, K5GO
Station: WD5R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ARKANSAS

Total:  QSOs = 1722  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 75  Total Score = 828,058

For the past three years Doug and Marlene have allowed me to operate from their
great station and home in the single operator category.

After three good years and almost exactly the same score each year, I thought
it would be fun to try the multi-operator category, and talked Doug into
operating with me in that category.  We tried the two radio thing with one of
my relay boxes for a while and then settled into just having one operator at a
time. I was able to get plenty of sleep and had a great time with the receiver
connected to one of the best beverage farms in the country.

As usual, Marlene (the real WD5R) was wonderful, stayed awake almost as much as
we did, and made some wonderful meals.

I smiled when N6TV showed up on Skimmer and laughed to/at myself when I worked
Bob and informed him I had found him using Skimmer.

We had few problems working stations that we called with the exception of
4U1UN.  I must have called him for a total of about 45 minutes and never made
the contact.  The best big pile-up contact was OY9JD.

Congratulations to all those who worked it hard and made a big score.

160 Meters is always a lot of fun from Arkansas when the conditions are good
enough to work Europe and JA.  We logged approximately 220 Europeans which is
about 50% more than the average number for the past three years.

Looking forward to the ARRL DX Contest in the M/M category.

Really hoping the big ice storm that is hitting us as I type will not be too
destructive.

73 to all from Marlene (WD5R), Doug (N5ECT) and

Stan, K5GO