[3830] CQ160 CW OH4A(OH6KZP) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 27 08:09:02 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kisko

Total:  QSOs = 1401  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 68  Total Score = 1,014,390

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Fabulous conditions towards North America. Unbelievable, in fact. US/XE/VE7
stations heard in the middle of the day on Sunday here. In contrast, strangely
difficult towards the East, only a shadow of what took place in CQWW CW.
Anyway, a DX QSO percentage of 24.8 (6.19 pts/qso) is something I could've only
dreamed of before the contest, so I am happy.

This time my Achilles heel was the DXCC multiplier count; usually I do pretty
alright with multipliers, but this contest it just didn't happen, no matter how
I tried to run and S&P. Need to analyze and work on that. Perhaps some more
learning about how the band usually behaves is needed.

In any case, I'm really happy I operated this contest. The station and the
antennas (slopers) worked fine, and I got some more experience with 160.
Although with the expectations created by the fine conditions, I guess from now
on I will be disappointed in 160m propagation every time....!

Thanks to Jukka OH6LI for letting me use the station and the family's cottage.
And congratulations to OG2P and OH8X/OH6UM for the good scores!

Kim / OH6KZP

      Continent List

  USA calls   =    209
  VE calls    =     23