[3830] CQ160 CW OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 29 19:34:34 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK2RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 1299  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 71  Total Score = 950,746

Condx were great, possibly even better than in 2008, especially to America, so I
was able to improve my last year's score. I enjoyed the openings to the mid and
west US/VE. Of the 307 DX QSOs 246 were US/VE stations. Some of the west coast
signals were real weak but during the second peak on Sunday morning some were
just amazing. Also XE1RCS signal was surprisingly consistent.
On the other hand I could work only 3 JAs and did not find VQ9,XU,VK,9M2 at
all. The QRM on the lower part of the band was terrible and the JA segment
1810-25 in the evenings was real mess so no wonder that no DX could be heard
under all the EU huge signals only hundreds of Hz apart.

RIG: FT2000 + PA, Log N1MM
ANTs: 27m vertical with 450 radials, Dipole at 24m and beverages

My thanks go to Jiri OK2RZ for letting me use his contest QTH near Ostrava.
Thanks every one for the QSOs and CU next time.
73 Petr OK1CZ