[3830] CQ160 CW DL3YM(@DF2PY) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jan 30 10:13:49 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL3YM
Operator(s): DL3YM
Station: DF2PY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 1359  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 70  Total Score = 935,102

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

For years I had been planning to do this one from a competitive QTH, and it sure
looks like this was the right weekend to finally realize the plan. I believe you
simply can not have more fun on topband, can you?

As everybody else I am simply amazed at the superb condx, especially so to the
west. Signals from the east were significantly attenuated, which shows in the
marginal number of stations from Japan that I could work. In addition, no
Oceania at all was heard nor worked. Another interesting effect was the band
taking a deep dive early Sunday morning. From 0200 - 0400 my rate went down
considerably as did signal levels, but fortunately condx recovered just in time
for an opening to the US west coast that all who joined in the fun will hardly
ever forget.

The station performed flawlessly all weekend and I think I learned a lot about
propagation and how to improve my score next year.
Many thanks to my host Wolf and family for the great hospitality, and to my XYL
and the boys for excluding me from their weekend plans.