[3830] RAC Day VE7XF SOAB/CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jul 1 22:15:20 PDT 2009

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: nr. Vancouver

  160:    2              2
   80:   11              3
   40:  128              9
   20:  414             12
   15:   32              6
   10:    6              3
    6:   11              1
    2:    1              1
Total:  605     0       37         0  Total Score = 119,436

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

6m was open to the east coast when the contest started, but I had no luck
attracting the attention of any VE1, VE2 or VE3 mults.
Doesn't anybody use CW any more?

Tough going on the lower bands, as by the time the sun sets (9pm), the eastern
part of the continent has gone to bed! Overall, condx didn't seem too bad, but
activity levels were low. I think I've worn out my F1 button!

Took a few minutes out of the contest on Wed. morning to work a couple of new
ones on 6M: V29 and 9Z4. I've been listening for a week and finally heard
them.

Congrats to Victor, VA2WDQ, for cleaning my clock yet again :-(

FT-1000mp, Acom 1000, 3 el Steppir, NA.

Ralph, VE7XF