[3830] ARRL FD W1UJ 1B LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 2 07:05:05 PDT 2009

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ KB1H
Station: W1UJ

Class: 1B LP
QTH: NH

   20:   44      1
   15:   10
   10:    1      9
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  115     10      0  Total Score = 482

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had loads of fun while camping at the Louden, NH. New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Lot X (X-6) while attending the full weekend racing events.
I attend the NEXTEL Cup races at the NHMS track 2 times per year, and 2-3 years
ago the main event's date was moved ahead a week.. conflicting with field day.
This was the first time I thought to bring a rig.

Used my novice rig an ICOM IC-735. It is still an awesome rig.
This was new in 1988 and is filter-less. It worked really well, had to re-learn
some zero-beating techniques while listening to the CW at 2khz wide.
10m stopped working, but seems a percussion adjustment fixed this one.

Used a OPEK multi-band mag-mount mobile antenna on top of the non-magnetic roof
of the crank-up camper. I had a MFJ-259 analyzer to assist with band changes,
which got old quick, and leaving the whip in the fully-extended position for
the CW portions seemed to work well.  I Stayed at less than 30 watts and one of
the bands made the loaded part of the antenna really warm.

Used keying and rig control from laptop with N1MM Logger.

Thanks to KB1H and AA1CE for stopping by.

73 Jay W1UJ/1 in NH