[3830] RAC Day W1UJ M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 2 07:54:48 PDT 2009

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: W1UJ

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MA

   80:   69              7
   40:  165              8
   20:  198             10
   15:   21              4
   10:    7              1
Total:  461     0       30         0  Total Score = 84,840

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I look forward to this contest every year since it falls on my work vacation
week.  On Monday, 6/28, I completely tore down and re-set all of the hardware
in my shack to be setup concentrating on SO2R comfort.

It played really, really well.  I submitted as a M/M since I had packet on and
used 2 rigs simultaneously, with only 1 transmitted signal at a time.

N1MM Skipped a bunch of serial numbers, mostly when I was populating the
bandmap on the 'other' radio- The number would keep climbing.  The last serial
number sent was 502!   I will chalk this up as learning N1MM SO2R.

There was little interference between stations, but the Satellite TV was wiped
out with more than ~800w, so output on both rigs was kept at ~400w.

Rig 1 Icom IC-756 Pro2, ICE 419, AL-80b with 40m Dipole @60' and 5-el 6m at
45'.
Rig 2 K3, ICE 419, Titan Amp, 80m Zepp at 60', TA-33 3-el @ 40'.
N1MM Logger.