[3830] RAC Day W1NN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 3 18:54:23 PDT 2009

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH

   80:   17     30       3         2
   40:   66              9
   20:   29     57       9         9
Total:  112     87      21        11  Total Score = 56,384

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Operated just four hours from the start of the contest until midnight local
time.  Really good activity from the VE gang.  Conditions on 20 were very
unusual with large numbers of loud VE3s and VE2s coming in.  It's about 100
miles to Ontario from my QTH here in Ohio, far enough to make working VE3
difficult under normal conditions.  VE3RAC was 20 over at times on 20.  I had a
great run going on 20 phone when suddenly the radio (OMNI VI) got stuck in the
mic-on position, but just on USB.  LSB and CW were fine, so I could work a few
stations on 40 and 80 CW and 75 phone, but my great run on 20 was over.

Too bad I couldn't put in any time on Wednesday.  Hopefully I can spend more
time next year.

73,  Hal W1NN
Medina, Ohio