[3830] IARU W4MJA SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 12 05:15:02 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 8:31

   40:   54     0       8       1
   20:  111     0       8       2
   15:   27     0       5       1
   10:    4     0       2       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  196     0      23       5  Total Score = 16,464

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Kenwood TS-570D (G), Ameritron AL-811, Writelog, Wires.

Intended to go at this one 24 hours, but fighting a sinus infection is no way
to work a contest.

Only did 10-40, as once I was tuning on 80, bad RFI got a hold on the station
computer, and shut it down. Writelog came back up flawlessly. I really enjoyed
all CW this year, I think I'll do this again. High power was also an excellent
choice for this contest. The new wires performed great. The K9AY loop and the
160 tee should be finished in the next few weeks, giving me just enough time to
break them in for the contest season.

VK's were louder than normal on 40 at sunrise. 20 was a love/hate relationship
here during the afternoon on Saturday. 15/10 were in good condx, and allowed me
to put some Q's in the log.

Stratigie needs to be worked on here. 196 Q's and only 5 HQ stations is
unacceptable. SO2R will be put in place here soon, allowing the possibility for
a better score in contests to come.

MJA