[3830] IARU HB9/NV1P SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 12 05:25:21 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: HB9/NV1P
Operator(s): NV1P
Station: HB9/NV1P

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Geneva, SUI

  160:
   80:    3      4              5
   40:   66     16             29
   20:   99     27             41
   15:   22     16             16
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  190     63     20      91  Total Score = 37,765

This was originally going to be multi-single with my sons KB3RUP, KB3RUO and
KB3SPI, but they all had commitments this weekend (camps, Boy Scouts, etc.) so
I played around as 'Single Op Mixed' instead.

This was 99% a European contest from here, since condx were short skip and
could only work a handful of the louder U.S. stations (K1LZ, KC1XX, etc.) with
80 watts and dipoles.  But still had lots of fun with rates of up to 70/hr via
S&P, and was even able to run Europe for an hour on 40 meter CW Sunday
morning.

Used my N3ZN key for entire contest (no computer interfacing) to practice for
HST Championships in September, but no chance for QRQQ since my call 'NV1P'
would get busted as 'N4JP' over 50% of the time over 30wpm anyway.   Time to
get a new callsign :-)

Thanks for all the QSO's and cu in the next one.   73 de Ken NV1P