[3830] IARU K6VVA SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 12 07:43:34 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)

  160:
   80:   41             8       4
   40:  104            12       8
   20:  161            18      25
   15:   45             7       2
   10:    8             2       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Partial QRV primarily to experiment with some new SO2R REMOTE operational
matters.  Finally, basic SO2R REMOTE CONTROL is now a REALITY here (but the
operator needs much more practice)!!!

http://www.k6vva.com/so2r_remote (Home QTH Hands-On Control Setup)

The new Remote Rig (SM2O) control equipment performed flawlessly on Radio 2,
whereas the W4MQ IRT control on Radio 1 crashed 8 times.  This will hopefully
be replaced with another Remote Rig next week and solve a longstanding
problem.

Biggest thrill in the IARU was to work my Expedition QSL Printer, Tony, LZ1JZ,
at LZ7HQ, which was also our first QSO ever.

On Monday Night, I will be giving a slide show presentation at the NCCC
meeting: How NOT To Build A Remote Station.  For those interested in Off-Grid
Remote and SO2R REMOTE CONTROL, a list of Presentation References is now at:

http://www.k6vva.com/remotestuff (equipment links, etc.).

73 & Tnx for all the Q's and SO2R REMOTE CONTROL experimental opportunities...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust