[3830] IARU VE4EAR SO SSB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 12 20:16:54 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:           1      0       1
   40:           4      1       3
   20:          79     16      21
   15:          44      7       6
   10:           7      3       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     135     27      31  Total Score = 22,910

Real part time effort here. just too many non radio things to do. A few hours
late Saturday morning and thenagain late Saturday night.  Conditions seemed
veruy poor on 20M and the late night on 80/40 were wip[ed out by QRN and static
crashes.

The one contact on 80m was to an AO8 HQ station who heard my 100w from the
sloper.

On 20m EU didn't appear until almost noon local time, 1700z. Even when signals
were a true S9 on RX, many could not hear me in EU. Stateside I felt I was loud
enough to work anyone I wanted. Not sure what was happening when the EU station
was calling and calling and myself and many other NA stations were calling in
rsponse and they couldn't hear NA. More one way propagation I guess.

15m had a weak sporadic E opening earlier in the morning as did 10m.

Hopefully next year I will have more time and conditions will be better.

73

VE4EAR