[3830] IARU WN6K SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 13 12:14:52 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SDG

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:    1     0       1       0
   40:  351     0      19       9
   20:  185     0      16      21
   15:   27     0       6       3
   10:   23     0       2       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

While my ontime start at 'zero dark thirty' on 40 gave promise, it sure was
difficult for me from then on.  The EU/Russian opening on 20 was a nice respite
from many other calls not being heard.  Gave up my last half hour at the end as
just about everyone came to 40m in the last hour to finish out... and it got
pretty crowded with folks I had already worked.  Throughout the early morning
hours 02-04 (local) I would flip to 20m to listen and was surprised to hear EUs
and Asian activity - slbeit very light in the S-units and none could hear my
calling them, but it was encouraging to hear something other than 'hiss' on 20
after dark.  Things are starting to look up...just needs another year in the
solar cooker.....

WN6K, Paul