[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 16 20:22:05 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 17

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH

   80:  12      7
   40:  18     11
   20:  21     10
-------------------
Total:  51     28  Total Score = 1,428

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

RIG: IC-756PROIII
Antenna: 80M dipole at 50 feet
Software: Win-Test V4.0.0

OP TIME:
20: 12 minutes
40: 13 minutes
80: 5 minutes

I replaced my mast yesterday so I had a support for my dipole - it was nice
finally getting that thing back up. I ran the IARU with it basically laying on
the ground! I also *almost* have my computer fixed. The only thing I need to do
is install a driver for the soundcard. Once I do that I'll start recording NSL
again.

WOW! It's great to finally be back. I've missed the last few weeks (2 week road
trip to Illinois and Minnesota) and this is the first NSL where my station has
been fully set to go in a month!

I installed the new Win-Test version 4 today and I will say I'm impressed. The
mp3 feature looks very cool and I need to interface a DVR to the computer for
SSB contests. I was a little disappointed with the ESM so I turned it off for
NS. I'll like it after I clean the macros up. It was TUing after my call every
time I inherited a frequency!

I finally broke the 50 QSO barrier. Normally I get 48 or 49 every week.

Instead of always going "like mad" I forced myself to pick out every individual
caller in the pile to try to raise my mult count. This worked very well on 20
and 40. I picked up a few new western mults instead of working another dupe.
This strategy kind of failed when I went to 80 and had W1NN all over the place
50 over 9. He blew everyone calling me away. That's when I changed resorted to
chasing around N8EA, K8MM, W1NN, N3SD, K3LR...

Nice to finally catch up to LR in NSL! Loud as usual.

On 40 and 80 everyone was packed mainly between 040 and 043. It would help us
all if we spread out so the weak ones could be heard. 20 meters was good.

I dropped the ball on 40. 13 minutes should have netted more than 18 QSOs.
Conditions seemed a little poor. K6VVA was the only station I consistently
heard (more than once) out west.

DanWa: HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY AS A HAM! I thought about sending it when we
worked but I didn't want to slow you down. :)

Thanks to everyone for the QSO(s). I hope to hear you next week!

73,
Cal (KID), K0DXC
http://k0dxc.com