[3830] NCCC Sprint VE7/W0BH LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 17 17:07:17 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 17

Call: VE7/W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   40:   7     1
   20:   7     5
-------------------
Total:  14     6  Total Score = 84

We're camping on the beach on Vancouver Island, BC.  At NSL-time minus 13
minutes, I'd just finished setting up the tent and the XYL wanted to go food
shopping.  With the store only 6 minutes away, that left 7 minutes to
completely set up in the store parking lot (everything was put away for the
border crossing experience).  Managed to start only 3 minutes late!

Signals weren't too strong this evening but did manage a few Qs on 20m. I heard
lots of folks on 40m but could only manage to work the CA gang. While I did add
VE7 to the call, I forgot to change the QTH to BC for the first few Qs, so had
some puzzled ops on the other end.  Sorry!

I was actually lucky to have a radio at all.  My 706MkIIG filled the van with
smoke in Wyoming (I hadn't even been transmitting for 5 minutes), but luckily
(and at the last minute), I took along the IC-7000 and swapped it out at KO7X
while enjoying a chat with Alan.  Although I think the 706 is toast, I dropped
it off in person at Icom in Bellevue and might be able to pick it back up on
the return trip.  We'll see.

Not sure where I'll be next week but it won't be KS and it won't be BC.  We'll
all just have to tune in to see.  Enjoyed it as always!

73, Bob, ve7/w0bh