[3830] CQWW VHF WI9WI SOSB/6 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 19 19:06:22 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EN53
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   4     3
Total:   4     3  Total Score = 12

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Spent quite a lot of time by the radio listening while doing other things in the
shack. K-3 to a 135 ft off center fed dipole. My 6 meter beam is still kaput
after being destroyed in a tornado 5 years ago. I've rebuilt it but it now
resonates at 48 MHz in spite of being the same dimensions as before. Worked a
couple of locals (EN53) and EN41 and DM65. W5WVO was in strong for about 30
mins Sunday morning. I heard several other stations including VO1 and W1 but
couldn't connect.

73

Jim