[3830] IARU OZ1HQ Headquarters HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 20 13:05:45 PDT 2009

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OZ1HQ
Operator(s): OZ0J;OZ1ADL;OZ1ETA;OZ1FJB;OZ1IKY;OZ1JUX;OZ1XJ;OZ2BRN;OZ2KL;OZ2TF;OZ3EN;OZ3MC;OZ4P;OZ4VW;OZ5BD;OZ7AM;OZ8PG
Station: OZ1HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: different - see text

  160:     0     22     3       14
   80:    16    486     6       32
   40:  1236   1013    28       48
   20:  1533   1145    47       65
   15:   230    119    11       26
   10:   218    546     8       34
-------------------------------------
Total:  3233   3331   103      219  Total Score = 6,811,588

Again this year we managed to get a Head Quarter team for the IARU Champion HF
Contest. This year we managed to have 6 different QTH’s and 17 operators. I
guess that is a new record of number of QTH and operators during the years we
have been participated as a Head Quarter station.

One of the stations should operate from the EDR Summer camp that normally
starts or ends during the IARU Championship contest. As always the Danish
summer weather is unpredictable, but we managed to work from a tent with a
little bit of rain, some wind and some sunshine.

The other QTH’s where fixed places with small or big towers and small and big
antennas. The QTH’s where:

OZ5E (@OZ1ADL)
OZ2TF / OZ4VW
OZ9EDR
OZ7AMG
OZ8PG

We did not manage to get a station that could handle 160 M CW, and we where one
operator short on OZ9EDR, so the number of QSO’s on 80 M CW was not
satisfied.

The highlight was the opening on 10 and 15 M bands where we worked 17% of the
total number of QSO’s.

Pictures and videos can be found on

http://oz1jux.vox.com/
http://oz1jux.dk/hq2009/hq2009.html

As always QSL cards can be send to OZ1ACB or via EDR QSL Buro.

73 and tnx for a good contest

OZ0J Jorgen
Contest Manager of OZ1HQ