[3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 24 06:03:19 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 24

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   40:  15      8
   20:  21     11
-------------------
Total:  36     19  Total Score = 684

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of good activity and good signals on 20 and 40 with more spreading out of
stations enabled a continuation of my string of >30Q sessions -- thanks.

Listening to the conditions on 80 during the SNS and the good activity found on
40/20 convinced me to listen only briefly on 80 during NS and head back to 40.

Still trying to find the right mix of CQing and going after jump balls. I'm
continuing the strategy of mostly CQing with only an occasional attempt at a
jump ball and it seems to be paying off with fewer unproductive minutes. At the
beginning on 20 I even had a couple of 3Q minutes. However, to move to the next
level I think I need to attempt(and win) more jump balls.

Apologies to WD0T who was on the other end of my only major neuron malfunction
when Todd answered my CQ and I kept sending a request for a fill :>).

Great fun as always. See you next time,

73/Chuck/NO5W