[3830] IOTA AA4V SO(A)12Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 26 10:22:44 PDT 2009

                    IOTA Contest

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AA4V
Station: AA4V

Class: SO(A)12Mixed HP
QTH: NA110

   40:   25       4      277      51
   20:  202      26      364      27
   15:    7       3        6       4
   10:    1       1        2       2
Total:  235      34      649      84  Total Score = 581,976

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, let me express my appreciation to the boys at C6APR and Paul,
NN4F, for spotting
me a few times. Also, to Ed, K3IXD (C6AXD) for moving around the bands to give
me the NA-113
multiplier on 40, 20, 15 and 10. The C6 boys had a very nice signal at all
times that I heard
them and they were very popular on all bands. Well done...Ed, K3IXD Randy, K4QO
Dallas, W3PP and Pete, W2GJ, chief pilot of Bald Eagle Air and DXPedition leader
par excellance.

For my part, I found band conditions to be spotty with no really loud europeans
here in the
morning on 20M. They were busy working each other and did not start hearing us
until late. Very
little was heard on 15 and 10. I had a couple of decent runs on 20 CW and SSB
and 40 SSB,
otherwise, it was a grind. Due to a social obligation, I was unable to get back
to the radio until
after 11:00PM and the QRN was building. Nevertheless, many strong stations were
worked
on 40M and 20M late.

This was the first contest in which I've participated that the 40M band was
essentially clear of
broadcast stations. I have always been a 'true believer' in my view that no
matter what the sunspot
situation is, in MOST circumstances, 40M is the best all-around DX band there
is. That was certainly
the case last night. What a pleasure to work DX and domestic stations simplex
on 7172 in the clear.
After slugging it out from 4X0V on 40M phone for the past 5 years in the CQWW
phone, I'm looking forward to this years effort from VP9.

As usual, N1MM worked flawlessly with the K3, Alpha and SteppIR yagi. Near
instant QSY to move a new mult was fun and easy.