[3830] WPX CW KB1NRB SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 1 07:00:40 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KB1NRB
Operator(s): KB1NRB
Station: KB1NRB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CT

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WPX has to be the most exciting contest there is, no matter the mode!!!
I only played from home for a short period at the start and finish of the
contest. Again i used my $50 Icom 735 and hombrew vertical antenna cut for 40m,
just search and pounce but not much search. The rest of the contest i spent at
NZ1U and had some real fun!!! My copy is getting better, as i only started
learning cw in Febuary, copy was at a peak at some point until the lack of
sleep took control and then i was back at square 1.. This proves that sleep
during the contest period is critical (especially for cw).. No lack of mults
for this one, iprobably could have worked the entire contest from home and
never work the same PX twice... For icing on the cake, 19:59 local time- wall
to wall big sigs on several bands... 20:00 local time- chilling scilence!!!