[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 1 11:01:19 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD,LZ1PM,LZ1UQ, LZ1ANA,LZ1PJ,LZ2CJ, LZ2FV, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2WO, LZ2GL, LZ2TU, LZ3FM, LZ3UM, JK3GAD
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

   40: 1751
   20: 2015
   15: 1305

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Faulty 80m phased colinear dipoles were the reason for less than expected number
of QSOs. Had to replace them on Sunday afternoon with two phased half wave
slooping dipoles. 10m was weird with openings even to USA and full closure for
some hours several times. 15 m band was not as good as we expected it to be.
20m was the winner band, but single 6 el yagi is no longer enough beside
excellent QTH we have. More hardware is needed on 15 and 10m bands, too.

Result is almost the same as the one we made last year ( in 2008 with just 42
hours of operating time, though ).

This month two more towers will be errected and if all goes as planned 6 over 6
on 20m, 6 over 6 on 15m and 6 over 6 over 6 on 10m will be installed for CQWW CW
in November.

73, LZ CONTEST TEAM
www.lz9w.com