[3830] WPX CW 4O4A SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 1 14:19:29 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 4O4A
Operator(s): 4O4A
Station: 4O4A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Bar

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first WW QRP contest. I accidentally discovered QRP two weeks ago,
in not so crowded contest, where I made 400 Qs during 14 hour of operations.
Then I set the goal: rate of 30 Qs per hour should give me about 1200 Qs in WPX
contest, and I am glad that I fulfilled it. Someone said here before: I felt
like a kid, and every QSO was like a gift. I spent two weeks in testing 5W
power and was very pleased to know that it is actually very usable.

Highlights of the contest:
- KL7RA on Sat evening, KH6MB on Sun morning, AH2Y on Sun afternoon, all on
20m
- VK6AA on 40m on Saturday afternoon
- Dozen of JAs on 20m
- Hundred of NAs on 20m
- Not so good conditions to SA (or I missed something?)
- Surprisingly one hour runs on 10, 40 and 80m at the edge of activity,
occasional 15-minutes runs on 20m mostly above/around 14.100
- My 7-months old dog (Sky) was quiet like she knew what I was doing…

Equipment: TS-120V 5W, 3-elements tribander for 10/15/20 @13m, inv V dipole for
40/80 (apex @13m) and 40m vertical with 16 L/4 radials. And all of that, almost
at the sea coast (wide open to the West), with high mountains on my back (wide
shut to the East…)

Thanks for all QSOs and patience with my signal.

Again in QRP? Definitely - yes!