[3830] WPX CW VE2TZT SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 1 23:42:36 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE2TZT
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montreal

   20: 1109

First night, 40m was good and clear without QRN. Not the same thing for the rest
of the contest.

On Sunday AM, the static showers made so much QRN on 20 that most of the time
the 3 el steppIR at 24m was unusable for RX, but fortunately, the 160m
beverages were working great on 20m and I was able to run through the statics.
The most amazing 20m signal was the call from A73A arriving 59+ on the 160m
long beverage beaming to Europe.

Good opening to JA on 20m Sunday morning.

The automatic switched power generator worked well during the 1h30 Hydroquebec
power outage, it is the first time that it operates during a contest...

Only 34 hours of operation because I started 40mn late at the beginning and
missed to get off the bed for one hour after clock alarm Sunday morning.

Sorry for the weak signals I was not able to extract from QRN and many thanks
for the patience of some operators repeating again and again their call or
number (special thank to R1ANB).

Gilles VE2TZT