[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 4 20:31:38 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 5

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin

   80:   8      8
   40:  20     11
   20:  29     16
-------------------
Total:  57     35  Total Score = 1,995

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Perfect local conditions here tonight. Clear skies and not much atmospheric
noise at all. Missed my local gang of W5JAW and W5ZL. The NBA game was not
close, so dunno where the boyz were. Chuck, NO5W, was the other rare Texas
station tonight.

Started really well with twenty two contacts in the first ten minutes and the
visions of a sixty Q night started dancing in my mind. Maybe I started counting
my NS chickens before they hatched...but the realities of 40 and 80 caught up
with me and things slowed down. Had at least three jumpballs where I thought
the station had come back to me but I lost in all cases and had to erase the
contact from the computer.

Worked K8MM four times and W0BH and K0TG three times. The activity was
terrific. Congrats to all and tnx to the NCCC and WA7BNM and company.

Tried to squeeze in one last fast CQ on 80 at the the and K0EJ called me
exactly one second too late! Sri Mark. I didn't leave enough time. My bad. That
would have been another mult too! So Mark and I chatted a little about one of my
old high buddies who is a good friend of his.

It's a small world.

Jim N3BB