[3830] AlQP W0BH SOMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 7 20:47:19 PDT 2009

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: KS

  160:
   80:   20      1
   40:   63     30
   20:   50     62
   15:    4      0
   10:
--------------------
Total:  137     93  CW Mults = 56  Ph Mults = 36  Total Score = 33,764

I had time this year to play the entire day and found lots of company. Thanks to
the ACG for sponsoring the event and to all the AL stations for the fun!

Propagation from KS to AL was great on multiple bands most of the day. Even 15m
was open (loud) for awhile, but I could only find a few AL stations and no AL
stations answered my CQs.  When 40m, 20m, and 15m are all open to AL at the
same time, it's really hard to complain.

Overall, I worked 93 unique calls and only missed 4 counties when I combined my
CW and SSB mults : Chilton, Fayette, Geneva and Perry. I'm sure they were all
covered and I just missed out.  Of the mobiles I worked most, I found NY4N/m
and K4ACG/m pretty much the entire day. N5WR/m wins the loudest consistent
mobile signal into Kansas award and I also enjoyed working you on SSB, Erik.
Great job for your first run!

Here are the mobile stats - excellent work all and I'll look forward to reading
your posts:

19 NY4N
18 K4ACG
17 N5WR
10 KN4Y
9  KC4HW
4  K4NO WA4CQ
3  K4EXT
2  KG4VBK WA4WLI N4LDM

WA4CQ and N4LDM were just travelling through the state and kept checking back
with me on SSB as they drove into different counties.

Also enjoyed working some really dedicated fixed stations:

5 N4NO
4 AA4FU K4AB K4SAV NE4M W4HOD W4LEE WX4RUS

Another "fixed" station was W4A at the USS Alabama. Great day to be running a
special event.

I'm planning to team up with N8II and run mobile in the WVQP on June 20th as a
day of fun after a computer workshop in NC the first part of the week.  Also
look for me mobile in the Kansas QSO Party the last weekend in August. As of
today, we have 91/105 counties activated.

Already looking forward to the ALQP next year!

73, Bob, w0bh