[3830] WPX CW GJ3WW(@GJ3DVC) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 9 02:49:29 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: GJ3WW
Operator(s): GJ3WW
Station: GJ3DVC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: La Moye

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Manged to fit in a contest during the annual family vacation. The XYL is
becoming au fait with the contest calendar.

Many thanks to the Jersey Amateur Radio Society for allowing me to operate from
their club at La Moye.

I had no goals beforehand, except to hand out the GJ3 prefix. It was mostly a
search & pounce affair on day 1 as 40/20 were just too crowded to hold a
frequency. Things improved a little more on Sunday when I had some nice runs
Stateside and to Japan.

You know you're getting tired when you type your sent serial number into the
received serial number field. Twice I did this.

I think the GJ prefix confused a few ops as I wasn't in the Super Check Partial
database and my dupe count was higher than normal. Perhaps I was mis-spotted as
G1VWW or similar.

FT-1000MP MK-V Field
C3 Tribander
Trap dipole