[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 12 05:04:21 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 12

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:   4      4
   40:  23     17
   20:  28     18
-------------------
Total:  55     39  Total Score = 2,145

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  Great half hour!  Good
activity.  Could hear and work most of the US on 20 and 40.  For most of the
period, I thought I could hit the 60 QSO mark.  Then went to 80 and couldn't
get anybody to hear me tonight!  I guess everyone else had QRN.  I had some QRN
too, but could hear stations from Ontario to Minnesota to Louisiana and ON and
MN CQed in my face and I had to repeat three times for LA.  Same antenna as
usual, so I guess it was QRN.  Wonder why it didn't similarly affect Don, W4OC,
who did hit 60 with help from 20 QSOs on 80, whereas I made only 4 in about 6
minutes there.  I know SO2R would have helped to pick up a few more loud
stations while concentrating still on 40.  Of the 55 QSO, only four were same
band dupes and those were on 20.  CU all next week.  Tor's KX1A from the dock
in VA sounded great here.  73, John, K4BAI.