[3830] ARRL June VHF KR1ST Limited Rover LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 15 12:06:30 PDT 2009

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KG4KFV, KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: Ladson, Sc
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  25     16
    2:  27      9
  222:
  432:  10      6
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  62     34  Total Score = 2,448

Club: Parking Garage Roof Top Rovers

Comments:

Rigs: IC-275H, Yaesu FT-897
Pwr:  100 Watts on 6m & 2M, 20 Watts on 70cm
Ant:  6m - single halo and vertical
      2m - turnstiled dipoles
      70cm - stacked turnstiled dipoles

My wife and I did our parking garage roof top tour again this year in the flat
lands near Charleston, SC. We activated only EM92, EM93 and FM02. The
conditions were not great and 6 meters never really opened up for us, except
for a few very short openings good for just a few contacts. There were only two
short tropo openings that I could spot. Since apparently the rest of the country
had nice openings on 6m, I guess we'll be out of the award zone this year with a
score that is 10k points less than last year.

Ed, K3IXD, Frank, KG4IGC and his wife Sarah, KG4NKG, came to visit us on the
parking garage in Summerville, SC (EM93). That was fun! In Charleston (FM02) we
were visited by the police.

Since we just got this new vehicle, we were only able to use simple antennas.
We also found out that we were pretty deaf on 6 meters because of some noise
source in the car that was plaguing the 897 with S9+10dB noise on 6 meters. We
apologize to the folks who came back to our calls but we didn't answer because
we couldn't hear them.

Thanks for the Q's!

73,
KG4KFV & KR1ST