[3830] ARRL June VHF K7WA Limited Multi-Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 15 20:50:43 PDT 2009

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K7WA
Operator(s): K7WA, N0AX
Station: K7WA

Class: Limited Multi-Op LP
QTH: CN76xk - WWA
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:    4     4
  432:   10     7
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  152    70  Total Score = 11,620

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

I had been planning an expedition to Washington's Long Beach peninsula (CN76)
for several months - an exploratory trip in March resulted in reserving a pair
of cabins (one for radios and one for the xyl and me), and preparations were
made for a Single-Op effort in the June VHF Contest.  When Ward N0AX asked
about joining in it was an added bonus!  One of the highlights of our weekend
was the support from the local Pacific County Amateur Radio Club - the locals
kept our 2 meter FM transceiver hopping and provided many contacts and a few
visitors.  Weather on the coast cooperated and we had a great weekend - could
have used a little more sporadic E, but we had a blast!  Thanks to the Rovers
and other Portables who provided us with QSOs and Grids!

6 meters:  K3, 5 element Cushcraft at 17 ft
2 meters:  IC-706MkIIG, 10 element Cushcraft at 19 ft
222 mHz:  K3 and Elecraft XV-222, 6 element WA5VJB "Cheap Yagi" at 20 ft
432 mHz:  IC-706MkIIG, 8 element N6NB Quagi at 22 ft