[3830] ARRL June VHF K2DRH Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jun 16 20:47:15 PDT 2009

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K2DRH
Operator(s): K2DRH
Station: K2DRH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN41 IL

    6:  623   200
  1.2:   22    16
  2.3:    5     5
  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  934   351  Total Score = 405,054

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Highlights were working numerous Caribbean and South American countries on
Saturday afternoon, working just about every Canadian province on Sunday and
the sustained double hop openings to the west coast.  I was trying for worked
all CN87!  I was amazed to hear K9AKS/QRP over 300 miles away in EN12 call me
on 2M CW.  It was even more amazing to complete with him on 4 bands!  The most
unusual thing was having N0QXW/R call me and ask for assistance.  Seems
Matt’s cell phone wasn’t working and he had just come upon a herd of cattle
all over the highway in DN57 Montana!  I looked up the Montana Highway Patrol
office for that county and reported the details he gave me.  The dispatcher was
a little surprised at first to hear that I was calling from Illinois, but  when
I told her that I was a ham in contact with another ham on the scene she
understood, took the report and said they would get right on it.  That’s a
new contest first!

73 de Bob2