[3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 18 20:11:57 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 19

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   0      0
   40:   8      7
   20:  20     14
-------------------
Total:  28     21  Total Score = 588

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I had a new strategy tonight -- focus more on CQing and less on jump balls since
my jump ball winning percentage is real low. The strategy seemed to pay off on
20 with 20 Qs in the first 14 minutes. Wow, I could see 40 Qs just over the
horizon. Then I went to 40 and things went to pot with only 6 Qs in the next 10
minutes. Then to 80 with no Qs and very few stations heard through a noisy band.
Finally back to 40 for a final Q in the last half minute.

Even so I think I'll test the strategy again next week. Great fun as always and
good to hear friend K5OT back in the fray.

73/Chuck