[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 18 20:54:45 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 19

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin

   80:   3      2
   40:  27     15
   20:  27     14
-------------------
Total:  57     31  Total Score = 1,767

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Good start, bad finish. For some reason, the SWR was bad on my 80 meter sloper
system. No one could hear me but W4OC (twice) and the Kid. The ten minute
segment QSOs were 21, 24, and (ugh) 12. So I had 45 contacts in the first 20
minutes and was feeling pretty good about the action, until I hit 80 meters.
Spend some time trying to debug things, but to no avail. I have no idea what
happened to the 80 meter system, will have to go out tomorrow and see. Bummer.

Lots of jumping from band to band with the SO2R CQs while receiving the
exchange before leaving the frequency. At one point, I must have ping-ponged
ten times in a row doing that.

Multiple QSO awards go to K9BGL 6, and W4OC, W0DB, N4AF, and W9RE, all 3.

Tnx to NO5W for my only Texas. Waytogo Chuck.

Tnx to the NCCC and the 3830 dudes plus all the good operators who make the NS
so much fun.

Jim N3BB