[3830] ARRL June VHF K1RZ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 19 11:25:57 PDT 2009

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Damascus MD

    6:  405   109
  1.2:   56    21
  2.3:   34    14
  3.4:   19    11
  5.7:   12     9
  10G:   10     7
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  982   290  Total Score = 467,480

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Good contest on my side.  Everything held together through the weekend.  GOOD 6M
openings on Saturday!  Pretty slow on Sunday.  Reasonable condx on rest of the
bands.  Lot’s of Rovers out.  And lot’s of activity.  Six meters
over-shadowed the rest of the bands, in that while contacts were up on 6, they
were down for me on uWaves….even though I consciously tried harder to stay
focused on the higher bands – it was not to be.  Overall though I got my
highest score in the past 14 years.  I noted too that the APRS map showed tropo
on the Gulf Coast all weekend. Committed Classic ERROR – changed logging
programs the afternoon of the contest.  Finally got it all to play 2 minutes
before the contest anyway, but the nerves went up until then.  Overall though
it was a good contest.  Thanks everyone.