[3830] ARRL June VHF W7CE Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 21 22:26:00 PDT 2009

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W7CE
Operator(s): W7CE
Station: W7CE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CN87oa

    6:  383   134
  1.2:   14     6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  529   182  Total Score = 111,566

Conditions were great here and the contest was definitely a lot of fun.  By far,
ths is my best score ever for this contest.

Station improvements this year include using a Flex 5000A on 6M (replacing
my 756ProIII), upgrading from a 6M7JHV to a 6M9KHW 9 element 6M yagi,
increasing the height of the 6M through 432 antennas by about 10 feet, and
reducing the 1296 feedline loss by 1.4 dB while increasing transmit power
from 10 watts to 150 watts.  I had also planned on a mast mounted preamp for
1296, but it arrived DOA.  Hopefully, I'll have that working in a couple of
weeks.  Moving all the antennas 10 feet higher doesn't sound like much, but
now I can hear stations to the north of me that were in the noise before.
In years past I could only copy a couple of the larger VE7 stations.  This
year if I missed anyone up north it was because we weren't in the same place
at the same time, not because I couldn't hear them.

I worked a lot of new grids this year also, including some relatively rare ones
that were activitated for the contest (DM18, DM31, DM36, DN37 and DN43).

Now it's time to start planning next year's antenna and station improvements.