[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jun 26 05:22:27 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - June 26

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   80:   5      5
   40:  25     19
   20:  14     11
Total:  44     35  Total Score = 1,540

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  Wednesday night, a component in the
rotator controller for the beam smoked.  I have a spare, but didn't get it
wired up due to a tennis match Thursday night (we won!).  The beam was pointing
SouthEast.  K7SS reported the signals from the back of the beam and the zepp
were about equal, but I could hear better on the zepp, so didn't make any QSOs
this week on the beam.  Band conditions seemed fair on 20 with skips signals
from as close as N9NB in VA and good signals from the west and north west.  40M
seemed very good this week.  80M was noisy, but did get QSOs with N9CK and W1UE.
 Only WD0T called CQ in my face repeatedly.  Assume Todd had worse QRN than I
did.  Score up this week due to more multipliers despite not using the beam.
Enjoyed the no dupe rule, resulting in working more different stations and more
sections on each band.  Will be at W4AN 4A AL for Field Day.  Hope everyone gets
to work FD and have a safe and fun time.  CU next Thursday if not on the
weekend.  73, John, K4BAI.