[3830] CQ160 SSB W0BH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 14:40:50 PST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

Total:  QSOs = 701  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 8  Total Score = 102,080

I told the XYL before the contest that I'd be happy with 4 contacts this contest
.. I'm working on LOTW 6BWAS both CW and SSB and the magic number is now 6, with
4 needed on 160m SSB : ME RI DE and HI.  I was able to work ME RI and DE a
number of times, at least once each with a known LOTW uploader, but didn't hear
HI. Perhaps next week.

I heard one op describe conditions as "brutal" which about sums it up for me.
A good percentage of Qs were in the difficult category due to the number of
stations, high noise levels, and interesting QSB.  I also wanted to try my hand
at RTTY this weekend. The two contests overlapped on Saturday night and I spent
a good bit of time away from this one. Still a fun weekend. Thanks for the Qs,
and if you all had to work as hard as I did, I really appreciate you digging me
out of the noise as well!

73, Bob, w0bh