[3830] CQ160 SSB K3ZM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 14:45:35 PST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 1200  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 57  Total Score = 442,548

Conditions seemed a bit worse than last year, but I may not be remembering
correctly.  Signals from EU were not strong on Friday night, but improved as
their sunrise approached.  On Saturday night, the EU's got very loud toward
their sunrise and I heard many inland stations running EU.

I managed to work 147 EU's, versus 122 last year.  Did not work anything in the
Pacific or Asia.  Missed SD, VE5, LAB and the usual VE8's.

Spent a lot of time above 1900kc.  That is becoming the new DX phone band in
this contest.

Many thanks to all the stations who called in.

73,

Peter  K3ZM