[3830] NAQP RTTY N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 15:48:28 PST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

   80:   10     5
   15:    7     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  125    56  Total Score = 7,000

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 5

Comments:

SOAPBOX: This was a low-key operation, including a fumble-fingered start.
SOAPBOX: I thought I had N1MM with MMTTY ready to go, but found some
SOAPBOX: last-minute tweaks that needed doing.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Things seemed fairly busy, but not quite to the extent I had hoped
SOAPBOX: for.  My best hours were 19Z(18), 22Z(18), 02Z(18), 23Z(17), 00Z(15),
SOAPBOX: 20Z(10) and 03Z(1).  All the other hours I worked were in single
digits.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I wasn't looking for DX, but in S&Ping up and down the bands, I wound
SOAPBOX: up working JA, LU and TI.  In addition, I worked 2 KH6 and 3 KL7.  So
SOAPBOX: not a bad outing.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: On 20m, I seem to have a pipeline into New England, giving me all the
SOAPBOX: W1 states except VT.  I did hear one VT station, but he never heard
me.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: My most-worked states were CA(25), WA(8), MN(7), TX(7), AZ(6), CO(5),
CT(4),
SOAPBOX: KS(4), MA(4), ON(4) and TN(4).  All the rest were 3 or fewer, mostly
fewer.
SOAPBOX: I wound up with 125 Qs, 56 mults and 7000 points.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: I can see I still have some learning and practicing to do with
N1MM/MMTTY, as
SOAPBOX: I nearly blew several contacts by hitting the keys out of the expected
order.
SOAPBOX: At least I have the key layout more to my liking, just have to get my
fingers
SOAPBOX: used to pushing the right keys.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Thanks to all for the Qs.  Hope to do this again before long.
SOAPBOX: 73, Bob N6WG
SOAPBOX: The Little Station with Attitude