[3830] CQ160 SSB KY5R Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 18:15:59 PST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL

Total:  QSOs = 964  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 31  Total Score = 211,375

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had a good time after the 1st 2hrs. New start time was a mental challenge here
in the "Heart of Dixie". Put in the 1st hr then took the 2nd hr off just
waiting for the band to come to Toonersville,AL. The rest of the test was about
par fer the coarse. DX hard to work as W/VE stations not willing to relent there
hold on freqs. This is turning into more of a 160mtr QSO party for most
participants who appear not to interested in working countries. Having said
that it was very easy to work all CONUS states in the 1st evening. VE provinces
where more of a challenge leading into the 2nd evening. Heard many DX I couldn't
work without ensuing turf battles. Not sure I will participate in next years
event at this time. TNX fer Q's to all in the log. EQPT: Orion2 + Alpha78 + top
loaded vert + 2ea 650' bi-di bvrgs. Great fun all in all, Tim. obtw -  STILL
WAITING FOR ZONE 4 SINGLE OP PLAQUE CIRCA 2006 SSB