[3830] CQ160 SSB KG4IGC Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 2 16:11:24 PST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC

Total:  QSOs = 45  State/Prov = 17  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,632

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Decided Saturday night to give QRP a shot despite only having a NVIS antenna to
work with.Was quite surprised at the very nice results despite my comprimised
antenna. The antenna, a W4TWW inverted L, has only 20 feet vertical, the rest
is bent over. My favorite contact was with WB4MSG in NC who was also QRP. Heard
and worked stations up and Down the East coast including 2 contacts with Canada.
Has a wonderful time despite the odds and hope to have a new inverted L by next
year. Did not hear any club members, but I see from the emails that there were
a couple of participants. Hope Everyone did well!

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4IGC