[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 5 20:09:27 PST 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 6

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  13      4
   40:  25     12
   20:   3      2
Total:  41     18  Total Score = 738

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Oh my gosh. Talk about a Mr. Murphy and PQ (Personal QLF) night ;-(

Apologies all those called but only heard a stutttttttttering CW sound and my
remote disappearing act at least 3 times.  One other time the rig crashed and
had to restart that process remotely.  The return audio monitoring delays are
still a QLF producer. {Multiple explicatives deleted}.

We had just enough sunshine here to power up my remote batteries enough to see
if my remote control solenoid widget would push the Confuzer ON button up on
Locust Peak.  It worked, but for some reason WriteLog would not function as a
logger  --- except I could open the Send CW Dialog window.  Sometimes
everything just locked up.  Sooooo...I found myself off-to-the-races in
somewhat of a panic mode.

I had to do DanWAH type logging and grabbed the pad of little yellow Post It
notes on the kitchen table (where the home remote control stuff is temporarily
set up).  Trying to send CW on the keyboard and remember the two different
exchange formats and the friggin' number I was on and trying to read my
scribbled printing on a Post It was unexpectedly challenging (a mild term).

What the heck...it was still fun!  Nice to hear fellow NCCCer K6XX romping in
the NS Sandbox again tonight.  I keep waiting and waiting and waiting for the
return of K7NV, however.

REALLY appreciated all the NS Regulars who worked me as VP2VVA in the ARRL CW
DX Contest.  It was also fun to play in the NS the night before as VP2V/K6VVA.
What a difference in signal strengths from the East Coast at VP2V vs. the Left
Coast :^)

Tnx to all for your continued patience as I keep struggling through all the
various remote station issues (and nightmares).

73 & Tnx for all the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust