[3830] ARRLDX SSB W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 17:02:42 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY+PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR

  160:    1     1
   80:   10     8
   15:   11     3
Total:  160    79  Total Score = 37,920

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Just a few hours S&P'ing for mults.  I think 40 and 80 would have been pretty
good from the PNW Saturday night except for the QRN.  The static crashes on
both bands were S-9+ here in Oregon.  It was just too hard to hear the DX
stations through the noise, even though they seemed to have pretty good
signals.

Seemed to be a lot of Europeans coming in Sunday morning, but the QRM was just
horrible.  Some stations are REALLY wide!  It was fun just picking the red
mults off the bandmap for new ones. Made a few Q's on 15, but nada heard on 10.
 I saw lots of spots, but didn't hear anything here.

SSB is a tough mode for me, but it is always fun to get on and work some DX.

Log is already uploaded to LOTW.   73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1  TS-450SAT
Radio 2  FT-840