[3830] ARRLDX SSB KD9MS SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 17:55:46 PDT 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Karnak, IL

  160:    5     4
Total:  471   219  Total Score = 309,447

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was so glad to hear 10 open up. I haven't heard that for years. On Sunday
afternoon, a tornado watch started at about 11am and I had to lower the tower
all the way down. The wind had been blowing all weekend and finaly the storm
came in. The power went out when the worst of it passed and was off for two
hours. That really stinks!
Static on 80 and 160 was a killer but you get used to it. I lost my recieve
loop in another wind two weeks before so I didn't have that to use.
Already planning for the next one!

Craig KD9MS